For the second straight game, USC got the early lead on an opponent and never trailed as the Gamecocks blasted Missouri 76-54 Saturday afternoon at the Colonial Life Arena. The Gamecocks won their third in a row and haven’t trailed since the early minutes of the Vanderbilt game. USC is now 13-8 overall and 5-3 in the SEC. The Gamecocks play at Ole Miss Wednesday night.
Inside the Gamecocks’ win over Missouri
- The Gamecocks jumped out to an 8-0 lead in the first three minutes and led 39-26 at the half.
- Missouri got to within 9 at 52-43 with just under 11 minutes to play, but the Gamecocks reeled off 9 straight points to answer that threat.
- Maik Kotsar had an outstanding game recording his second double-double of the season with a season high 21 points and 11 rebounds. He also had 4 blocks and a steal. Kotsar was 7-8 from the floor.
- Jermaine Couisnard had a strong, all-around game with 15 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals, and AJ Lawson contributed 13 points and 7 rebounds.
- The Gamecocks shot 52% for the game and were a respectable 8-22 from three-point range. They continued to struggle at the foul line going 18-32.
- Missouri played without two key contributors, guard Mark Smith and forward Jeremiah Tilmon, both out with injuries. Combined they average 20 points per game.
Frank Martin postgame press conference
- #STRecruiting: Maryland DB set to visit #Clemson next weekend; also likes #Gamecocks February 28, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Sumter's Boone commits to Florida but doesn't close down recruiting February 27, 2020
- #Gamecocks find a way in OT to beat Georgia again 94-90 (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #Gamecocks baseball coach Mark Kingston previews #Clemson series on SportsTalk (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- Dabo Swinney recaps Day 1 of #Clemson Spring (AUDIO) February 26, 2020