USC coach Will Muschamp, from time to time, will take the lead in recruiting a particular prospect. That appears to be the case thus far with LB Trenilyas Tatum (6-2 208) of Jonesboro,, GA. Asked who he’s been talking to from USC, Tatum said Muschamp. Asked which coaches from USC came by his school, Tatus said Muschamp.
“Me and coach Muschamp are getting pretty close since I got the offer,” Tatum said. “He’s always texting me. He’s big on motivation and he sends a lot of motivational quotes mostly every morning to get my day started.”
Muschamp is now going to coach the Gamecock linebackers, so it makes since that he would lock in on players he wants for those positions. Tatum was impressive as a junior with 91 tackles, 31 tackles for loss and 14 sacks. So, there’s plenty there for Muschamp to like.
“He said he likes my size and the way I can come down hill,” Tatum said. “He said he thinks I can be a good fit at South Carolina.”
Tatum and Muschamp will get together this weekend when he comes in with his mother and aunt for an unofficial visit. Last weekend he visited Oklahoma and he was at Tennessee the week before. Tatum also has visited Virginia Tech, NC State and Georgia Tech.
Some of his other offers are Maryland, Louisville, Nebraska,, Virginia Michigan State, Colorado, Coastal Carolina, Arkansas, Indiana and Georgia State.
Tatum is rated a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports composite, #15 nationally at this position and #20 in the state of Georgia. He plans to make a top list in April or May after more visits, and he plans to sign and graduate early.
- #STRecruiting: Maryland DB set to visit #Clemson next weekend; also likes #Gamecocks February 28, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Sumter's Boone commits to Florida but doesn't close down recruiting February 27, 2020
- #Gamecocks find a way in OT to beat Georgia again 94-90 (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #Gamecocks baseball coach Mark Kingston previews #Clemson series on SportsTalk (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- Dabo Swinney recaps Day 1 of #Clemson Spring (AUDIO) February 26, 2020