The drama continues to build around the decision of Hammond School DE Jordan Burch. The 5-star recruit committed to USC on the first day of the December signing period but did not sign his LOI. Later that month he said LSU was second on his list at the time of his commitment, and last weekend he and his mother made a third visit to Baton Rouge, this time unofficial.
Here are a few notes related to the Burch decision:
- Burch is set to sign around 1:00 PM Wednesday with his teammates at Hammond School per AD Jeff Barnes. One of those is QB Jackson Muschamp, and as such, Will Muschamp would be allowed to attend the signing.
- Burch is coming off an unofficial visit with his mother to LSU. He took an official visit there in October for the Auburn game, and an unofficial visit last February.
- According to Shea Dixon of the LSU site Geaux247, LSU coaches and players were able to concentrate on Burch from Sunday afternoon thru Monday since other recruits had left campus.
- Dixon reported Burch and his mother got all of their questions answered, and the pitch was that he can come in and play early for a team that will continue to compete for SEC and national championships.
- Burch has also taken official visits to Alabama (for the LSU game) and Georgia. Speculation is he will take an official visit to USC this weekend, but like everything related to Burch and his recruiting, nothing will be certain on that until there is visible evidence.
- Burch has a basketball game at Heathwood Hall Friday night. USC has a home game Saturday afternoon against Missouri and any recruits in for a visit are likely to attend. It’s at halftime of that game that Will Muschamp will introduce the mid-year enrollees. .
- As the case prior to the December announcement, recruiting media don’t have a clue about what Burch will do. Gamecock website insiders say they still feel good for their side, yet 247Sports national analyst Steve Wiltfong has predicted LSU. Of course, he did the same prior to the December announcement.
- Burch is still rated as a 5-star prospect but he slipped some in the final 247Sports composite ranking for the 2020 class from #5 nationally to #8. Last July he was ranked as the #1 player in the country.
- Recruiting analysts now consider him as a defensive tackle because of the weight he’s carrying. He’s listed at 275 pounds.
- In case you missed it, or you’ve forgotten about it, here’s the commitment video Burch and his mother commissioned for his December announcement…
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson lands commitment from DE Zaire Patterson May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: Poole hearing a lot from #Gamecocks as process continues May 26, 2020
- #Clemson ready to bring football & basketball athletes back to campus May 26, 2020
- Brandon Fields discusses decision to enroll at #Gamecocks on SportsTalk (AUDIO) May 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-26 May 26, 2020