One of the attendees Saturday at the USC junior day was sophomore DE Mykel Williams (6-5 245) of Columbus, GA. The visit went well for him and he left the event with an offer from the Gamecocks. They join Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Troy as offers for the 2022 standout who has yet to be rated by 247Sports.
“I like the coaching staff and the facilities of the Gamecocks,” Williams said. “I also love how they have my major. They like my film and how my body is developing at a young age. I feel like I could fit in with them.”
Williams said the Gamecocks like him for defensive tackle and defensive end. He earned all state honors this season as a sophomore. He had 59 tackles, 19 tackles for loss and 10 sacks.
Williams said he will visit either Auburn or Georgia this coming weekend, and he will see Notre Dame this spring.
- #Clemson getting Simms back for another season June 1, 2020
- #STRecruiting Weekend Notebook (Sunday Update) June 1, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-29 May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks move quickly on Louisiana RB May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks Cox has quickly built relationship with top receiver target May 28, 2020