The career of Clemson senior pitcher Jacob Hennessy is over. The lefthander from Dorman announced on Twitter Thursday that due to an arm injury he suffered in fall practice,, he will not be able to pitch this season. Hennessy wrote that he will be part of the team as a student-assistant coach.
Perfect Game ranked Hennessy the #7 player in the state as a high school senior. He began his career at Clemson in the bullpen and became a starter as a sophomore. Last season he worked both as a starter and a reliever.
Hennessy appeared in 61 games in his career, starting 20. He finished with a 10-5 record and a 3.94 ERA.
- #STRecruiting Weekend Notebook (Saturday Update) May 31, 2020
- #STRecruiting Notebook 5-29 May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks move quickly on Louisiana RB May 29, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Gamecocks Cox has quickly built relationship with top receiver target May 28, 2020
- #STRecruiting: #Clemson has impressed talented shooting guard May 28, 2020