The career of Clemson senior pitcher Jacob Hennessy is over. The lefthander from Dorman announced on Twitter Thursday that due to an arm injury he suffered in fall practice,, he will not be able to pitch this season. Hennessy wrote that he will be part of the team as a student-assistant coach.
Perfect Game ranked Hennessy the #7 player in the state as a high school senior. He began his career at Clemson in the bullpen and became a starter as a sophomore. Last season he worked both as a starter and a reliever.
Hennessy appeared in 61 games in his career, starting 20. He finished with a 10-5 record and a 3.94 ERA.
- #STRecruiting: Sumter's Boone commits to Florida but doesn't close down recruiting February 27, 2020
- #Gamecocks find a way in OT to beat Georgia again 94-90 (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #Gamecocks baseball coach Mark Kingston previews #Clemson series on SportsTalk (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- Dabo Swinney recaps Day 1 of #Clemson Spring (AUDIO) February 26, 2020
- #STRecruiting: York receiver hopes to impress schools this spring February 26, 2020