Will Muschamp gets another shot at ending the USC losing streak to Clemson Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium. Muschamp stepped in with the streak at two and has seen it grow to five under his watch. Oddsmakers don’t like his chances of ending the streak Saturday as the Gamecocks are 26 point underdogs to the unbeaten and third ranked Tigers. At his press conference Tuesday, Muschamp analyzed the Clemson personnel and addressed his own team’s work over the last two weeks as the Gamecocks have one more shot at glory this season.
Some of Muschamp’s key comments:
- Bryan Edwards is questionable, practiced some this morning, Kobe Smith still dealing with his ankle and didn’t do much today. Everyone else is good to go.
- They’ve been impressed with Moore at right tackle, Wonnum at left tackle and Hutcherson at left guard in practice, but is not set on making the moves and could stick with former lineup.
- Regarding the losing streak to Clemson, you just have to continue to work thru it. As for comments from school president Caslen last week supporting him, said he didn’t really expect anything else.
- He and Jake Bentley have not yet talked about the future but they will after the Clemson game.
- Based on how the offense performed the last two games, they’ve looked at some changes going into Clemson game with personnel and schematically, and they’ll look at last year’s tape to see how Clemson’s defense reacted to certain looks.
- Asked about chance of Edwards playing coming off a scope, Muschamp cited Rodney Hampton at Georgia in 1988 having a scope on Sunday and playing at Auburn the next Saturday.
- They have to run the ball better, take their shots down the field, slow down the Clemson running game and limit their explosive plays among other things to be able to win.
Will Muschamp press conference