USC coach Will Muschamp has a simple solution to winning more football games with the Gamecocks. Run the ball better. Coming off a loss to Appalachian State in which his offense produced just 21 rushing yards, Muschamp said he has directed his offensive staff to come up with new personnel packages and formations to help the running game. Muschamp said in games they have run the ball well, they have won. The Gamecocks are 4-6 with games at Texas A&M and home to Clemson left. They have to win both to quality for a bowl. The Aggies are 10 point favorites.
Some of Muschamp’s key comments:
- Felt they were very good on defense against Appalachian, disappointing on special teams. Gave up 10 points related to kickoff returns.
- Tavien Feaster, OrTre Smith and AJ Turner questionable for this weekend while Bryan Edwards and Shi Smith are good to go against Texas A&M.
- Said they had 7 drops Saturday and thought Ryan Helinski was accurate in his passes.
- In light of recent coaching developments (Taggart fired after 21 games, Morris after 22), said he feels his administration (university president and AD) remain supportive of him.
- Disputed a question asking why his team has more injuries than any other SEC team. Doubted that claim was accurate considering the team’s don’t release detailed injury reports. Added that they’ve had 4 season ending injuries this season, the average is 4-6.
Will Muschamp conference call
1 thought on “Sunday Replay: Muschamp says lack of running game cost team again (AUDIO)”
I’m still one of those people that think we should give him 2-3 more years, and then make a quick “evaluation” of our own. If things keep up they way they are, he ain’t going to like it.