The Clemson Tigers routed the Syracuse Orange 41-6 ,Saturday in upstate New York. The victory improves Clemson’s record to 3-0 on the season and 2-0 in conference play. The Tigers’ offense turned out several explosive plays in the second half on its way to 612 yards, but as has been the case this season, the defense was even more impressive. LB Isaiah Simmons accounted for 10 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks. Syracuse managed just 15 rushing yards, 139 yards in total and couldn’t capitalize on two interceptions from Trevor Lawrence.
Click HERE for recap
Key takeaways from the Clemson win:
- Amari Rodgers returned to form with 4 catches for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns, including an 87-yard breakaway touchdown on a short hitch route in the third quarter.
- Quarterback Trevor Lawrence threw for a career-high 395 yards, but also tossed two interceptions. Lawrence has now thrown five interceptions in three games after throwing just four a season ago.
- Clemson outgained Syracuse 612-187.
- The Tigers defense sacked Syracuse quarterback Tommy DeVito eight times.
- The attendance was 50,248. Third largest in Syracuse history.
- Clemson had two receivers go over 100 yards: Tee Higgins (7 catches, 150 yards) and Amari Rodgers (4 catches, 121 yards).
- The Tigers defense has now intercepted at least one pass in seven straight games.
- Clemson has now won 18 straight games.
- FINAL STATS