The defensive side of USC’s 2020 recruiting class could get a big boost on Thursday as now two of the Gamecocks’ top targets plan to announce that afternoon. DT Tonka Hemingway of Conway said last week he will announce at 3:30 on August 15th. Sunday afternoon SAF Ja’Qurious Conley of Jacksonville, NC said he is moving up his announcement from August 23rd to the 15th. He has set the time for between 2:30 pm and 3:00.
Hemingway is down to USC, North Carolina and Duke. He took official visits to USC and North Carolina in June with the Tar Heels getting the last visit. He also took an unofficial visit to North Carolina earlier in June. He made unofficial visits to USC and Duke in the spring. After his official visit to USC, Hemingway said the Gamecocks “are in a good place” with him. “I know how they feel about me.”
USC and North Carolina are the top two with Conley. He visited the Tar Heels in late July and that spurred a lot of conjecture that the Tar Heels might have the edge. Conley visited USC for junior days in January and March and he has scheduled an official visit with the Gamecocks for the Alabama weekend.