It’s Georgia Tech week for Clemson. That means thoughts of triple option runs, cut blocks and deep passes run thru the minds of the Tigers. Yes, they’ve played two other option teams already this season, but neither Furman nor Georgia Southern run the option with the talent and precision of Paul Johnson’s Yellow Jackets.
Clemson will be going for its fourth straight win in the series, but times have not always been good for the Tigers in Atlanta. They won there 26-7 in 2016 but prior to that they lost five straight at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Key comments from Dabo Swinney’s press conference:
- Don’t be fooled by Tech’s 1-2 record, both losses close on the road, said they are playing good football.
- Offense has to do a good job protecting the football against Tech after suffering three turnovers last week.
- Paul Johnson is a great football coach who has been successful because he’s remained committed to doing things his way.
- “Georgia Tech will cut you.” Referring to the offensive line blocking.
- Feels the team is headed in the right direction. Feels he has quarterbacks who can play in any situation and can win for them.
- They will have to play better than they did at Texas A&M to win at Georgia Tech.
- Swinney noted this will be 7 years in a row for him opening conference play on the road
Dabo Swinney’s opening remarks from Georgia Tech press conference
Dabo Swinney on Georgia Tech
Dabo Swinney on having seen option football this season before Tech
Dabo Swinney’s opinion of his team after three games
QB Kelly Bryant talks for first time about chest related injury in Georgia Southern game