Clemson and Virginia Tech have played many memorable games over the years, including last year’s ACC Championship Game in Orlando. This Saturday night’s game in Blacksburg could prove to be one of the best in a series Clemson has recently dominated with four straight wins dating back to 2011. Each is 4-0 and while Clemson is 2-0 in the ACC, this will be the league opener for the Hokies. Dabo Swinney has high respect for second year year Tech coach Justin Fuente. Remember, he interviewed him for his offensive coordinator’s job before hiring Chad Morris. And, Swinney can’t say enough good things about long time Hokie defensive coordinator Bud Foster even though the Tigers have averaged 40 points in their last three games against him.
Dabo Swinney takes a look at Virginia Tech
Other notes from Swinney’s press conference:
- Marcus Edmond remains out for this week but is getting better. Trayvon Mullen remains in concussion protocol and Mark Fields will practice today.
- Kelly Bryant is going to have to be able to identify the defense Virginia Tech is in and also protect the football.
- Feels he has more depth, flexibility and versatility than he’s ever had on his offensive line.
- Heard some of the boos Saturday when offense was struggling but he’ll never apologize for a win. “I loved that game Saturday.”
- Said Foster played them differently in ACC title game last season, not as much robber coverage, feels he has an offense with answers.
Swinney on facing a Bud Foster coached defense again
Swinney reflects on BC game and notes the fans restlessness with the offense