Beating Kent State handily and getting everyone into the game was a nice way for Clemson to open the season. But the real business of the 2017 season begins this Saturday with the Auburn Tigers in Death Valley. Clemson opened as a 6.5 point favorite and the line has dropped to 5.5. Clemson has won three in a row in the series including a tight 19-13 decision last season at Auburn.
Notes from Dabo Swinney’s press conference:
- Auburn is a really good football team, complete team. Was one of the toughest teams they played last season.
- This year Auburn has a really good quarterback, hit some big plays last week, runs a lot of different looks on offense.
- Auburn has a very good defense, was very good last year and a bunch of those guys are back, deep on the line and athletic, very experienced.
- Both teams want to run the football, attack the perimeter and attack down the field. Both teams are aggressive on defense.
- In good shape healthwise, will know more about Denzel Johnson at practice today and hopes he’s cleared to play.
- Van Smith looked good in practice last night and he feels good about him being ready to play Saturday.
- Played well last week and took a lot of confidence from that and that’s something they can build on.
Dabo Swinney gives his take on Auburn
Swinney says there’s a lot of similarities in the two teams
Swinney on the problems of preparation off last week’s Auburn film