The students are gone but the Clemson football players are back in their comfort zone, the practice field. The Tigers reassembled as a group Monday and will begin practice Tuesday afternoon for the Fiesta Bowl national semi-final playoff game against Ohio State.
Updating his personnel, Dabo Swinney said Trevion Thompson is out until spring due to a broken wrist that required surgery but Scott Pagano and Richard Yeargin are back. He had no update on Jake Fruhmorgen and if or when he’ll return to the team.
The Tigers will practice at Clemson thru December 21st then break for the holidays. They will arrive in Phoenix for their on-site bowl work December 26th.Some of Swinney’s key comments Tuesday:
- Ohio State is a well coached team, lot of respect for Meyer, they spend a week together every year.
- Ohio State is a complete football team, complete program. Run first offense, excellent up front, all highly recruited, excellent RB.
- Lot of praise for Curtis Samuel, similar talent to Sammy Watkins, will put him in the backfield some.
- Play a lot of guys on the defensive line, they are three deep, really good at linebacker, fast, and as good a secondary as they’ve seen.
- Mind set of team going into this one remains the same as it has been, win every play, be great where your feet are today.
Dabo Swinney gives his overview on Ohio State
Swinney on the approach to bowl practice and the game
Swinney on how his recruiting has changed as his program has become successful at a high level