Dabo Swinney just wrapped up his Sunday conference call to break down the Tigers first regular season loss in almost two years. You can check out the highlights .
- Swinney said he’s very disappointed. “Ain’t a lot of fun to lose.”
- Swinney said despite the loss there were plenty of positives. Mike Williams big game, Deshaun Watson’s passing percentage and pass protection are a few of the strong points.
- Swinney said it was definitely their worst game defensively. Said they had no answer for the shovel option Pitt was running.
- “Name of the game is to find a way to win it and we didn’t do that.”-Swinney
- Swinney said a adversity brings out the best in good people.
- Swinney said they had a bad game but they have not had a bad season. He’s glad they don’t have to wait 9 months for their next game.
- Defensive tackle Scott Pagano will not need surgery on his injured foot, but he will be out for a while. Might not be back until the bowl game. Earliest would be ACC title game.
- Swinney said Deshaun Watson made a lot of great plays. He knows there are a few he wishes he could have back.
- Swinney said it is never too late to get a new streak going and that is what they are focused on this week.
- Swinney said the game Watson had against Pitt, with all of the passing attempts, yards and completions, was impressive.
- Swinney said he’s glad losing isn’t a habit around Clemson and it isn’t going to become one.
- Swinney said you have to give credit to Pitt for playing and coaching a great game.
DABO SWINNEY SUNDAY CONFERENCE CALL: