By: Justin Stevens
Coastal Carolina heads to the Columbia Regional with a Regional best 41-17 overall record/18-5 in the Big South and will be making its 12th NCAA regional appearance. Coastal Carolina has made the NCAA tournament for six straight years and 11 times in the last 12 years.
In the audio from the press conference at Carolina Stadium you will hear from head coach Gary Gilmore, OF Daniel Bowman, C Tucker Frawley and pitcher Aaron Burke.
Here are some quick facts about the Chanticleers from Coastal Carolina:
- Coastal Carolina has won the Big South regular season and tournament title for the past six years.
- Gary Gilmore is in his 17th year at Coastal Carolina and holds a 691-341 overall record.
- Since 2000, Coastal Carolina has the sixth best winning percentage in Division 1 (.706). South Carolina is number four (.712) and Clemson is 15th (.659).
- Coastal is second in the NCAA in overall ERA (2.53).
- Daniel Bowman, RF, was named the 2012 Big South Player of the Year. Bowman is batting .401 (11th in the NCAA) and has a OPS of 1.060.
- Aaron Burke, RHP, was named 2012 Big South Co-Pitcher of the Year. Burke is 10-5 and has an ERA of 1.18 (2nd in the NCAA).
- Coastal Carolina finished third in the Clemson Regional last year, beating Connecticut 13-1, then dropping two consecutive games to Clemson 12-7 and Connecticut 12-6.
- Coastal Carolina beat Clemson 10-7 in a weekday game this season on April 24th.
- Gilmore will send Austin Wallace to the mound against Clemson on Friday. Wallace is 5-0 and has a 2.05 ERA.
AUDIO: Gary Gilmore and players preview the Columbia Regional [9:47]