Dabo Swinney is pumped for this weekend’s matchup with arch rival USC. So excited was Swinney, he went close to an hour at his weekly press conference Tuesday at Death Valley. You can listen to all of his comments below or scroll down for the highlights below.
- Swinney said Sammy Watkins will be full go and back on the field this week. Watkins sat out the N.C. State game because of a sore AC joint.
- Offensive lineman Phillip Price is doing better this week and there is a good chance he will play.
- Swinney said he expected to be 11-0 at this point in the season. He said the effort has been good all year, but the turnovers the past three games have been a killer. The Tigers have 11 turnovers the past three games.
- Swinney said he has a professional relationship with Steve Spurrier. He cited the age difference, saying “We don’t have the same thing on our iPods,” but made it clear he admires what Spurrier has accomplished as a coach.
- Swinney said he did not hear about Spurrier’s comments earlier this season about Swinney essentially being just a CEO with Chad Morris and Kevin Steele handling the major coaching at Clemson.
- Swinney said he doesn’t mind playing a rivalry game the week before the ACC Championship game.
- USC has won the past two games in the series. Swinney said his team hasn’t given itself a chance in those games. Clemson leads the all-time series 65-39-4.