Dabo Swinney held his weekly news conference Tuesday to preview Clemson’s upcoming game at N.C. State Saturday afternoon. The Tigers are 9-1, and 5-1 in the ACC. They have already clinched the Atlantic Division title. The Wolfpack are 5-4, and 2-4 in the conference. Saturday’s game kicks off at 3:30 on ABC.
A few other facts and figures on this weekend’s Textile Bowl:
- Clemson won last year’s game in Death Valley, 14-13. The Tigers have won seven in a row in this series and lead the all-time series 51-27-1.
- Clemson’s seven game win streak over the Pack is its longest active win streak against any ACC foe and the longest streak since the Tigers took eight straight from Maryland from 1993-2000.
- NC State’s last win was 17-15 in Raleigh in 2003.
- With the ACC Championship game included, Clemson will play its final four games of the season away from home. It is the first time since 1979 the team has closed the year with four straight games on the road. The Tigers open next season away from home too. They will play Auburn in Atlanta to kick off the 2012 season
- A win Saturday will give Clemson 10 victories this season. They have not won 10 games since the 1990 season under Ken Hatfield. The Tigers won the national championship that season with an Orange Bowl win over Nebraska.