The USC football team had last weekend off and some of the walking wounded were able to rest up and heal up for this weekend’s SEC battle at Tennessee. With the exception of Marcus Lattimore, the Gamecocks should have all of their top line players in uniform and available Saturday night. The Gamecocks are 6-1 overall and 4-1 in the SEC. They defeated the Vols last season so they will be attempting to defeat Tennessee in consecutive season for the first time ever. Kickoff will be at 7:15 PM and the game will be televised on ESPN2.
Key pre-game notes:
- USC is 5-2 coming off the bye week under Steve Spurrier
- Spurrier is 12-8 against Tennessee including 3-3 at USC
- USC is 16-4 in its last 20 regular season games
- The Gamecocks have won their last five games on the opponents’ home field
- USC ‘s opponent has scored first in 10 straight games dating back to last season
- The Gamecocks are 7-3 in those ten games