A new week on SportsTalk means a new city. Phil Kornblut has made his way to Spartanburg to cover the 74th Annual Shrine Bowl this week. He has already made it through one frigid day in the Upstate. He met with some coaches from around the state. We brought you that. Clemson begins practice for their bowl game. Furman has a new head coach and we have more recruiting tidbits.
- Dabo Swinney spoke with the media earlier today before his team got back on the practice field. He talked about the difference between preparing for a bowl game and a regular season game. He also says he is not looking ahead to next year, he is focused on winning their post-season game.
- Kevin Higgins sat down with Phil to talk about the Shrine Bowl as he scouts some players this year. They also talked about the Bulldogs and what they can look forward to next season.
- South Pointe DE Jadeveon Clowney was named Mr. Football Friday night. The Korn had an exclusive interview him following the award ceremony.
- Mickey Moss met with Phil today to talk about the Sandlappers team as they look to avenge their loss last season at the hands of the Tar Heels.
- Bruce Fowler has been introduced as the new head coach of the Furman Paladins. Fowler has a history with the schools having coached there for 16 seasons before heading to Vanderbilt. He sat down with Phil to talk about his new job.
- Recruiting with Phil Kornblut.