Clemson coach Dabo Swinney did not hold back Tuesday in praising the USC football team his crew will face Saturday night in Death Valley. The Gamecocks opened the week as three point favorites and will be seeking their first back to back wins over the Tigers since winning three in a row from 1968-70. USC is 8-3 and has the SEC Championship game coming up a week from Saturday. Clemson is 6-5 and can enhance its bowl positioning with a win Saturday.
Key pre-game notes:
- Clemson RB Andre Ellington will be a game time decision. He’s missed last three games with a toe injury.
- Clemson LB Brandon Maye is questionable with a concussion.
- Clemson WR Bryce McNeal is questionable with a heel injury.
- Clemson DL Miguel Chavis is expected back after being out with a foot injury.
- USC and Clemson will be meeting for the 102nd consecutive year, the third longest such streak in the country.
- This is the 50th anniversary of the first game in the rivalry played at Clemson.
- Clemson has won 6 of the last 8 meetings and 10 of the last 13.
- The only USC coach to have a winning record at Death Valley is Brad Scott (2-1).