Here is Clemson’s game capsule for tonight’s College World Series matchup against Oklahoma. Both teams are 1-0 in the CWS. The winner tonight will be of until Friday and will only have to win one more game to advance to the national championship series next week. The loser will have to play the winner of USC-Arizona State in an elimination game on Thursday night.
Clemson (44-23) vs. Oklahoma (50-16)
9:00 EST @ Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, NE
Clemson: RHP Scott Weismann (8-2, 5.09 ERA)
Oklahoma: RHP Bobby Shore (10-4, 3.86 ERA)
Tigers coach Jack Leggett on his team’s mindset in Omaha
Follow the action live here.
This and that….
- Clemson beat Arizona State 6-3 in its CWS opener on Monday. Oklahoma defeated USC 4-3 in its opener.
- This is just the second meeting between these two schools. The Sooner won the first and only meeting 7-6 on May 22, 1992. That game was played in the Mideast Regional in Starkville, MS. Jack Leggett was an assistant coach with the Tigers.
- Today (June 22nd) marks the latest date Clemson has ever played a baseball game.
- Kyle Parker (26th pick to the Colorado Rockies) is the only first round pick playing in the College World Series.
- Clemson has played in 67 games this season and has had the lead in 61 of those games.
- This is Clemson’s 12th appearance in the College World Series. They have not won the title.
- Oklahoma has been to Omaha ten times and has won two national titles (1951, 1994).