Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is about to hit the recruiting trail but before getting on the road he looked back one final time on Saturday night’s loss to USC. The Gamecocks defeated the Tigers 31-17 for their fifth straight win in the series.
Here are some key points made by Swinney:
- Another 10 win season, finishing up in the top 10 to 15 percent of college football. Two painful losses and can’t be looked at as failures.
- We’re building a great football program here one season at a time.
- Offensive line probably played their best game, thought Brandon Thomas played very well. Boyd played well until the fumble.
- Thought Vic Beasley was very active, Grady Jarrett maybe played his best game of the season. Shuey and Anthony were solid.
- Secondary was inconsistent and they couldn’t get off the field on third down.
- Difference in these games (of the losing streak) is losing the turnover battle.
- We are still one of the best teams in the country and that’s a fact. We’ve been one of the most consistent teams in the country.
- I think we should be in the BCS. We’re just out of the top 10 now. We’re a team that can play with anybody in the country.
- No one has asked for permission to talk to Chad Morris about a head coaching job at this point.