Coastal Carolina head coach Joe Moglia has been named one of 20 finalists for the Eddie Robinson Award, presented annually by The Sports Network to the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Coach of the Year.
This is the third time in Moglia’s three-year tenure at Coastal Carolina he has been a finalist for the prestigious award.
A win Saturday versus Liberty will give Coastal the out-right league title and secure the program’s third straight automatic bid to the NCAA Division I Football Championship. Also, a win Saturday will give Coastal a perfect 12-0 regular-season record. The Chanticleers set a Big South record last season with 12 wins in a season, going 12-3.
Coastal Carolina will host Liberty at 1 pm this Saturday. The game will be broadcast by ESPN3.
The 2014 Eddie Robinson Award finalists:
- Beau Baldwin, Eastern Washington (Big Sky Conference)
- Rod Broadway, North Carolina A&T (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Clint Conque, Stephen F. Austin (Southland Conference)
- Marty Fine, Bryant (Northeast Conference)
- Broderick Fobbs, Grambling State (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- John Grass, Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Dean Hood, Eastern Kentucky (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Russ Huesman, Chattanooga (Southern Conference)
- Chris Klieman, North Dakota State (Missouri Valley Football Conference)
- Mike Kramer, Idaho State (Big Sky Conference)
- Dale Lindsey, San Diego (Pioneer Football League)
- Sean McDonnell, New Hampshire (CAA Football)
- Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina (Big South Conference)
- Tim Murphy, Harvard (Ivy League)
- Tony Reno, Yale (Ivy League)
- Mike Sanford, Indiana State (Missouri Valley Football Conference)
- Brock Spack, Illinois State (Missouri Valley Football Conference)
- Mark Speir, Western Carolina (Southern Conference)
- Joe Susan, Bucknell (Patriot League)
- Everett Withers, James Madison (CAA Football)