- Abbeville 55–Christ Church 14
- AC Flora 34–Swansea 24
- Aiken 57–South Aiken 34
- Airport 42–Brookland Cayce 37
- Allendale Fairfax 22– Wade Hampton Hampton 8
- Andrew Jackson Academy 28–Greenwood Christian 8
- Andrews 29–St. James 26
- Ashley Ridge 42–James Island 39
- Aynor 48–Creek Bridge 6
- Bamberg Ehrhardt 47–Edisto 0
- Barnwell 32–Blackville Hilda 18
- Batesburg Leesville 35–Woodland 0
- Beaufort Academy 47–WW King 6
- Belton Honea Path 21–Laurens 15
- Berea 34–Carolina Academy 21
- Bethesda 48–Hilton Head Prep 21
- Blacksburg 35–Lewisville 18
- Blythewood 28–Ridgeview 14
- Boiling Springs 42–Nation Ford 26
- Branchville 28–North 26
- Byrnes 42–TL Hanna 21
- Calhoun Academy 42–Shannon Forest 8
- Calhoun County 49–Denmark Olar 22
- Cane Bay 24–Summerville 17
- CE Murry 51– Lincoln 20
- Chapin 44–Mid Carolina 7
- Coastal Christian 38–Charleston Collegiate 22
- Colleton County 42–Beaufort 6
- Crescent 38–Dixie 14
- Cross 44-Hunter-Kinard-Tyler 14
- Darlington 12–Wilson 10
- Dillon 49–Lake View 6
- Dillon Christian 48–Christian Academy 7
- Dorchester Academy 26–Williamsburg Academy 14
- Dorman 35–Gaffney 13
- Dreher 47–Columbia 0
- Easley 19–Daniel 17
- Eastside 25–Riverside 0
- Eau Claire 21–CA Johnson 20
- Effingham County (GA) 19–Bluffton 14
- Emerald 23–Ninety Six 22
- Estill 14–Battery Creek 7
- Fairfield Central 40–Chester 7
- Faith Christian 76-Laurens Academy 50
- Florence Christian 20–Spartanburg Christian 0
- Fort Dorchester 36–Carolina Forest 28
- Fort Mill 35–Lugoff Elgin 14
- Frederica 34–St. Andrews 7
- Garrett 34–Baptist Hill 0
- Goose Creek 29–Dutch Fork 20
- Gray Collegiate 68–Great Falls 0
- Green Sea Floyds 16–East Clarendon 14
- Greer 40–Clinton 8
- Hammond 34–Ben Lippen 9
- Hanahan 44–Timberland 19
- Hartsville 47–Lamar 12
- Hemingway 24–Kingstree 0
- Hillcrest 61–Mauldin 18
- Holly Hill Acadamy 46–First Baptist 16
- Indian Land 39–Buford 38
- John Paul II 62–St. Johns Christian 42
- Johnsonville 28–Carvers Bay 12
- Lake City 49–Lakewood 28
- Lake Marion 13–Orangeburg Wilkinson 7
- Lancaster 48–Andrew Jackson 0
- Latta 40–Mullins 8
- Laurence Manning 34–Augusta Christian 6
- Lower Richland 54–Keenan 48
- Manning 53–Scotts Branch 12
- Marion 32–Lee Central 22
- McBee 47–Chesterfield 21
- New Hanover (NC) 48–Socastee 21
- Newberry 34–Union County 27
- North Augusta 35–Midland Valley 27
- North Central 42–Timmonsville 22
- North Charleston 52–Military Magnet 8
- North Myrtle Beach 27–Loris 26
- Northwestern 47–Woodside (VA) 23
- Palmetto 23–Powdersville 19
- Patrick Henry 38–Clarendon Hall 20
- Pendleton 26–Pickens 16
- Pinewood Prep 35–Northwood Academy 6
- Ridge Christian 56–Jefferson Davis 0
- River Bluff 34–Gilbert 20
- Robert E. Lee 34–Thomas Sumter 12
- Saluda 41–Ridge Spring Monetta 13
- Seneca 56–Greenville 27
- South Pointe 33–Rock hill 21
- Southside 20–JL Mann 16
- Southside Christian 55–McMormick 21
- St. Johns 54–Stall 8
- St. Joseph’s 44–Peculiar Generation (NC) 6
- Stratford 47–Berkeley 24
- Sumter 49–Crestwood 20
- Thomas Heyward 59–Bible Baptist 0
- Traverlers Rest 41–Landrum 0
- Trinity Byrnes 49– The Kings 0
- Waccamaw 26–Hannah Pamplico 13
- Wade Hampton 28–Blue Ridge 24
- Wagner Salley 52–Bethune Bowman 12
- Walhalla 20–West Oak 19
- Wardlaw 44–Carolina Academy 26
- West Ashley 41–Bishop England 0
- West Florence 26–Camden 14
- Westside 27–Lexington 10
- Westwood 30–Richland Northeast 20
- White Knoll 36–Wando 28
- Wilson Hall 48–Orangeburg Prep 6
- Woodruff 33–Broome 28
- Wren 28–Woodmont 14
- York 45–Irmo 24
WR Diondre Overton of Greensboro, NC won’t make his college decision anytime soon. Overton said he plans to wait until the Semper-Fidelis All American Game January 3rd to reveal his choice. So, he knows the end date. What he doesn’t know yet are the next steps he’ll take to get there.
Overton still has a top five of Clemson, Tennessee, North Carolina, NC State and Nebraska. But those five won’t necessarily get his official visits.
“I’m looking for some other offers before deciding on those,” Overton said. “Alabama has been in touch but I’m not sure about an offer.”
Overton has decided on unofficial visits for games and will go to Tennessee for the Oklahoma game September 12th along with stops at Clemson, North Carolina and NC State.
“Clemson sent me some games and said pick,” he said. “I talked with Coach Scott last night (Wednesday). He and Coach Caldwell love me down there and are telling me to look in to Clemson.”
Overton said he actually has an idea, kind of, about where he wants to go but he’s not ready to disclose a favorite. Even with that thought, Overton knows he faces a challenge in reaching a final decision.
“I know it’s going to be eventually,” he said. “There’s a lot of great schools out there. Clemson and Tennessee are coming at me hard, and Nebraska.”
In his season opener, Overton had six catches, one going for a touchdown.
One other note….
USC commitment DB JJ Givens of Mechanicsville, VA plans to take other official visits to Clemson, Arizona State, Ole Miss and Penn State.
Clemson is no longer an option for 6-6 Jalen Johnson of Durham, NC after the Tigers took a commitment from his AAU teammate Scott Spencer. So, Johnson has moved on and has scheduled his first official visit to Florida September 5th. He also has in home visits set up with Tennessee, Providence and East Carolina.
And USC also is keeping in touch.
“I talked to Coach Evans today,” Johnson said. “I hear from them every once in a while. They are interested in having me in for a visit and I have some interest. I don’t have a favorite but Florida has really jumped up with their interest.”
Johnson said he’s also hearing from Alabama, Providence, Tennessee, East Carolina and Miami but that is not a final list for him. He is planning to sign in November.
Other basketball notes…
6-2 Seventh Woods of Hammond has set his official visit to Georgetown for September 13th according to Hoyas.com. He also plans to visit USC, North Carolina and Florida.
6-10 Dewan Huell of Miami has set official visits to Miami October 2nd, Florida State October 9th and USC October 16th.
LB Vosean Joseph of Miami remains a Florida commitment but USC continues to recruit him hard and he continues to listen. “I talk to them about every coach, Coach Ward and Coach Botkin,” Joseph said. “They are a great school. I want to come up there for an official.”
In fact, Joseph is looking at that official visit with the Gamecocks the weekend of October 10th when they play host to LSU. He also plans to take an official visit to Florida and right now those are the only two trips he’s planning though he’s also talking with Notre Dame, Louisville and South Florida.
Joseph camped at USC this summer and got the chance then to talk with Botkin about the linebacking situation with the Gamecocks moving forward, and he continues to get a strong message from Botkin.
“Coach Botkin is telling me he wants to come me and Coach Ward said they want me to come and replace Skai Moore because he might be leaving,” Joseph said. “My commitment to Florida is good but it’s not like it was before. The recruiting process is getting more open and I’m trying to make a decision for the rest of my life.”
But the process is not much open for Jospeh between USC and Florida at this point. He’s focused on those two and said he’ll probably go to Signing Day before making a decision.
Other football notes…
LB TJ Brunson of Richland Northeast will visit Notre Dame unofficially September 5th.
Former Clemson commitment Rahshaun Smith of Bradenton, FL has changed up his official visits. He told ESPN.com he has Auburn November 14th, Maryland December 4th and Clemson December 11th. He previously had said LSU and Miami would get visits.
DL Dexter Lawrence of Wake Forest, NC and his brother 2018 RB Devon plan to visit Clemson this weekend. Dexter Lawrence is one of the top recruits in the country with 21 offers including Ohio State and Alabama and many other SEC and ACC programs. Devon Lawrence is getting the strongest push early on from North Carolina and NC State. He rushed for 155 yards and 2 touchdowns in last week’s opener.
DE Jordan Woods of Orlando has scheduled official visits to Tennessee October 10th, Miami October 17th, USC January 15th and West Virginia January 22nd. He’s also looking hard at Florida.
USC target TE Naseir Upshur of Philadelphia will announce his college choice September 1st. Florida State, Michigan, Alabama, Maryland, Temple, Southern Cal and Arizona State also are on his short list.
Clemson target DE Tony Clayton of Vienna, GA was offered by Virginia Tech Wednesday, his 40th offer.
WR Kelvin Harmon of Palmyra, NJ appears to be pretty set with his recruiting process from now until his announcement day October 1st. He has two official visits set, NC State September 12th and USC September 26th. At this point, he’s not sure he’ll set any others. He will go to Temple for the Penn State game September 5th. Harmon did visits Rutgers earlier this month. He talked with USC receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr. Tuesday night.
Spurrier Jr. is also still recruiting TE Jordan Giberti of Gainesville, FL. He was verbally offered by the Gamecocks last year he said Spurrier Jr. has told him they want to review some of his early game film before making an official, committable offer.
“They want to look at some film at the beginning of the season and then and then they will open up that spot for committing,” Giberti said. “They just want me to get up there and visit them again and play well.”
Giberti was told by Spurrier Jr. they just want to see how much he has improved from his junior year and he feels like the Gamecocks will like what they of him on senior film.
“Oh yeah, no doubt,” he said. “You can definitely tell first game I had three catches for over 100 yards and two touchdowns. I’m definitely working on my yards after catch and my speed and everything.”
Giberti said he plans to visit USC unofficially for the Florida game though he might come in earlier as well. The Gators also are showing interest in him and want to see his early season work.
Some of his other offers are Florida International, Utah, Georgia Southern, Ohio, Army, South Alabama and Buffalo. He does not have a favorite at this point.