Will Muschamp will be heading back to Gainesville for the first time since he was fired two years ago after four seasons running the Gators program. Muschamp isn’t getting nostalgic about his return to the Swamp, instead keeping the focus on his team and the task at hand. There’s no animosity or bad blood, but Muschamp isn’t going to spend much time talking about his days as a Gator this week. There is a lot a stake for both teams Saturday as the SEC East race is still up for grabs, even for a 5-4 Gamecocks team.
Check out the highlights and audio from Muschamp below:
- Muschamp thought the turning point of the game was Rashad Fenton’s interception.
- Deebo Samuel and Jake Bentley were the offensive players of the game.
- Taylor Stallworth and Rashad Fenton were the defensive players of the game.
- Elliott Fry and Javon Charleston were the special teams players of the game.
- Muschamp said he had four great years at Florida and he’s appreciative of his time and opportunity there. No animosity. No grudge.
- AJ Tuner is the only injury after Mizzou. He has a knee sprain. Muschamp doesn’t think it’s serious. Will know more later in the week.
- Muschamp taking the “just another game approach” to Florida. Said he knows that is boring, but that is just who he is.
- Muschamp has not gone over all the scenarios to win the SEC East with his team. He said the focus is to beat Florida. They know stakes.
- Muschamp said Bentley not turning the ball over has been the most important thing he’s done. He has six touchdowns and no interceptions in three starts.
- Muschamp said Donnell Stanley continues to improve and get better and he expects him to be close to 100 percent this weekend.
WILL MUSCHAMP SUNDAY CONFERENCE CALL: