Dabo Swinney just wrapped up his Sunday conference call. Swinney put the wrap on Clemson’s 54-0 win over Syracuse Saturday and started to look ahead to the Tigers home game with Pitt next weekend. If Clemson wins that game they clinch the ACC Atlantic Division and a spot in the ACC Championship game. You can listen and check out what Swinney had to say below.
- Swinney said it was a fun tape to study and grade after a “clean game like that.”
- Swinney said he liked how the team prepared all week for Syracuse. Said they had a good look in their eye.
- Swinney said the focus now is getting their 10th win and winning the division this week.
- Swinney said Watson looked good today and is getting treatment on his shoulder. They expect him back at practice early in the week.
- Watson is not expected to get an MRI. They checked him during the game and he was good to return if needed, which he wasn’t.
- Swinney said a few special teams mistakes, like a missed extra point and field goal and kick off coverage were the biggest issues Saturday.
- Swinney said shutouts are really hard to come by, especially when you play as many people as they did against Syracuse. (They played 85 guys)
- Swinney said all of the quarterbacks played very well against Syracuse.
DABO SWINNEY SUNDAY CONFERENCE CALL: