As Hurricane Matthew barrels towards the East Coast with still unknown path, there are questions about the potential for the storm to impact Saturday night’s game between USC and Georgia. Gamecock and SEC officials say they are keeping a close eye on the storm, but Will Muschamp isn’t refreshing his weather app on his phone. The only thing on his mind is figuring out a way to beat the Bulldogs. Muschmap said he expects the Gamecock fans to be ready to go regardless of what the weather is.
Check out a few of the highlights and a portion of Muschamp’s audio below.
- Will Muschamp said he expects a healthy and ready to go Nick Chubb Saturday night.
- No shock, but there was no update on who will start at quarterback Saturday. Both Brandon McIlwain and Perry Orth are expected to play.
- Muschamp said he’s not the least bit worried about the weather. Just focused on getting ready for Georgia.
- Deebo Samuel and Bryan Edwards have both been full go in practice this week.
- Muschamp said he and Kirby Smart have similar backgrounds and have followed similar paths. They are good friends.
- Muschamp said he still is looking for a complete game from his team, offense, defense and special teams.
- Muschamp said they have had good practices this week and the team is dialed in for Georgia.
- Muschamp said the plan is still to redshirt Lorenzo Nunez. He said coming off the knee injury it’s the best move and Nunez is in favor of it.
- Muschamp said the play book is open when Brandon McIlwain is in the game. They don’t scale things back when he’s in.
WILL MUSCHAMP PREVIEWS GEORGIA: