After a dominating performance against an out manned South Carolina State team, Clemson will face a quick turnaround this week against Georgia Tech. The Tigers and Yellow Jackets clash Thursday night in Atlanta and Dabo Swinney has a lot to take care of between now and then. Check out and listen to what Swinney had to say on his Sunday conference call below.
- Swinney said it was a “very, very dominant performance” for his team against South Carolina State.
- Swinney said offensively they picked up where they left off in the Troy game.
- Swinney said it was a game where they were able to play a lot of different guys.
- Swinney said that makes three games where the special teams coverage teams have been solid.
- Deshaun Watson was the offensive player of the game. Everyone that had a winning grade were the defensive players of the game.
- Adrian Dunn tore his ACL, he’s out for the year. Denzel Johnson is day-to-day with a hamstring.
- Swinney said he thinks it was a school record that five different quarterbacks completed a pass.
- He also thinks it was a record for 15 different players to catch a pass.
- Swinney said Brent Venables will probably start the week as the scout team quarterback. He likes to be back there to set up the defense early in the week.
- Defensive end Austin Bryant is still out this week.
- Linebacker Ben Boulware should be full speed this week.
- Swinney said stopping Georgia Tech on a short week is tough. ‘It’s challenging when you have a full week,” he said.
DABO SWINNEY SUNDAY TELECONFERENCE