Dabo Swinney on Sunday said Clemson is not playing up to it’s capabilities offensively, in large part because they are “missing too many layup” and being forced to shoot too many 3-pointers. Basketball analogies aside, Swinney said the issues are correctable. He’s confident that will happen, but he also stressed if they are not the Tigers won’t have the season they are capable of.
You can check out the highlights from Dabo Swinney’s Sunday conference call below. Audio of the call is also posted for you.
DABO SWINNEY SUNDAY CALL:
- Swinney said there’s not a lot to add from his post game press conference. Just poor execution on offense.
- Swinney said they are “missing layups” on offense.
- Swinney said as bad as they played on offense they still managed over 400 yards.
- Swinney said Ray Ray McCloud might have had his best day and worst day on the same day.
- Swinney said the defense played great for 55 minutes. He’s not happy with the other five.
- Swinney said they had a pretty good special teams day, sans the mental mistake from McCloud on the punt return.
- Swinney: “We are a team now that is not playing up to it’s capability.”
- Ben Boulware will be held out this week against S.C. State with an ankle injury. They think he will be fine going forward.
- Swinney said Boulware wants to play this week, but they are holding him out. Swinney doesn’t think he will miss G.T. next week.