April 23, 2014

Source: Drugs were involved in Kenny Miles shooting

Kenny Miles was not the victim of a random robbery Monday.

Kenny Miles was not the victim of a random robbery Monday.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott told reporters today that former USC running back Kenny Miles was not the victim of a random robbery. This information corroborates information we received from a reliable source yesterday about the shooting. We withheld some the details from our source until confirmation came down from law enforcement. Now that Lott has confirmed what our source said, here’s the rest of what we have learned:

Per our source, after Miles was shot Monday he drove himself to the business of someone he knows to get help. Despite the fact he was shot and bleeding profusely Miles did not want anyone to call the police. Someone there made a tourniquet for Miles, but they insisted on calling 9-11 and did. When police arrived our source said Miles changed his story at least three times. When we asked our source Monday night if drugs were involved he responded, “I can tell you 100 percent drugs were involved.” He said it was “laughable” it was being called a robbery.

Our source would not confirm if Miles was attempting to purchase drugs or if he was selling them.

Shortly after Lott finished his news conference a source indicated there was “more to come in the saga.”

Comments

1. Lisa Huff says:

I am curious about the “source” you are quoting as well as you moving forward with hearsay and reporting it as news. Did the Sheriff actually say it was drugs? I don’t think so. You “moved ahead” to report the rest of your “sources” story after the Sheriff confirmed it. I don’t think he has confirmed that it is drug related; he confirmed that it wasn’t a robbery. Based on that, I wonder why you would report the rest as “news”. I would love to hear your comments on my concerns.

2. Lisa huff says:

I posted a comment a few minutes ago that didn’t make it through moderation. Please let me know why. Here is the original post.

I am curious about the “source” you are quoting as well as moving forward with hearsay and reporting it as news. Did the sheriff say that it was drugs? I don’t think so. You “moved ahead” to report the rest of your source’s story after the sheriff confirmed it. He hasn’t confirmed that it is drug related; he confirmed that it wasn’t a robbery. Based on that, I wonder why you would release the rest as news. I would love to hear your comments on my concerns.

Please respond.
    Thank you.

3. Ilovecocky says:

Sometimes a source needs to stay private to stay within the trust of the person or people they are providing information on.

4. Lisa keep in mind who is writing this article!

5. Kevin McCrarey says:

Lisa, we broke this story yesterday with accurate information from a trusted and reliable sources. You can go back to our initial story and see everything we have reported is true. We stand by our sources and our reporting.

6. If your source is so reliable then please tell me why other news outlets have not reported it?

7. Eleanore Barlow says:

Come on doubters. Of course drugs were involved. Don’t be so naive’. Anyone with any common sense knows that drugs were involved. Food goodness sakes! don’t be so stupid.

8. Rick Miller says:

And if it is proven to be not drug related will you write a retraction after you tainted a person’s character

9. Kevin McCrarey says:

@Rick, you don’t think lying to police and making up a false story about a robbery tainted this person’s chracter? We trust our sources and stand by our reporting.

10. Dan Jumper says:

According to my sources, the shooting was over a woman but I can’t prove that anymore than you can prove it was over drugs

11. Kevin McCrarey says:

@Dan, we broke this story with our sources and everything we have reported to this point has been accurate. The people who are putting the story out about this being over a women are the same ones who told you this was a robbery. How did that one turn out? We trust our sources and stand by our story.

12. I am shocked that everyone is acting like he is so innocent in this because he can play football. If this was some random thug in the same situation, everyone would be screaming an entirely different story. It all sounds extremely shady and his character became tainted when he decided to lie to the police. When I first heard about the “robbery”, I immediately thought “oh, that was drug related” Wake up. Football star does not automatically equal Innocent and upstanding citizen.

13. JenUSCFan says:

I agree 100% with Bella.
    I love football and my Gamecocks!l
    When he made up several stories, all credibility was lost! As well as the story stunk from the beginning! Wake up!