20th ranked USC will head to Columbia, Missouri this weekend to face fifth ranked Mizzou. Steve Spurrier broke down the game at his weekly news conference Tuesday. We have a portion of his comments and some of the highlights for you below:
- Spurrier said if they can find a way to get a win at Missouri they would have “hopes” to win the SEC East.
- Spurrier on Mizzou: They are a good team. They have explosive players all over the place.
- Spurrier said Dylan Thompson will be the starter at QB. Connor Shaw may be able to dress and be the backup.
- Kelcy Quarles is doubtful for the game Saturday night. He may be back in a week or two.
- Shaw may be able to start running by the end of the week. Trainers say he should get back to 100 percent in the next week or so.
- Spurrier says he thinks Dylan Thompson is ready to go. “He will give it his best shot, we know that.”
- Spurrier said the targeting call against Kadetrix Marcus was correct. He said he told him that he needs to aim lower on his tackles. He said they have to make the game as safe as possible.
- Spurrier said Mizzou doesn’t have any big fat guys. He said they are all fast. Called them the fastest team they’ve played this year.