The fourth ranked Clemson football team is putting a big win over Georgia behind them and turning their attention to a non-conference tilt against FCS foe South Carolina State this weekend. The Tigers and Bulldogs will play at 12:30 Saturday at Death Valley. We’ve got all of Dabo Swinney’s comments from his weekly presser below along with a few of the highlights.
- Running back Tyshon Dye is dealing with a back issue. He was given an epidermal and they will re-evaluate him in four weeks. A redshirt is in play with him.
- Quarterback Chad Kelly will be available to play Saturday. He’s full-go after suffering a knee injury in the spring game.
- Tight end Sam Cooper, who also injured his knee in the spring game, is expected to be ready to play against S.C. State as well.
- Freshman corner back Mackensie Alexander’s groin injury is better and he’s practicing again this week. Tight end Jordan Leggett is also back to full strength after suffering a preseason knee injury.
- Swinney said he is not concerned about the drops by wide receiver Martavis Bryant against Georgia. He expects him to bounce back and have a big season.
- Swinney says the team is “light years” ahead of where they were at this time last year.
- Swinney says S.C. State is a veteran team with a lot of good athletes.
- Swinney said if you don’t come ready to play against an FCS team you can get beat.