Here’s the fourth quarter recap of USC-UNC:
- USC started the fourth quarter on the UNC 49 yard line and facing a 2nd and 19. The could not move the chains and punted it back to the Tar Heels.
- After the punt UNC took over on its own 22. The Tar Heels moved it to midfield and then started going backwards. They ended up punting.
- USC took over on its own 6 yard line with 10:16 left in the game.
- Shortly after the Gamecocks took over the game was suspended because of lightning. The delay lasted one hour and forty-four minutes.
- When action resumed the Gamecocks ended up punting a few plays later.
- North Carolina wasn’t able to do anything with its next possession and ended up punting after taking a huge sack on third down.
- USC moved the ball to the UNC 45 on its next possession but turned it over on downs there.
- North Carolina threatened on its next possession, driving deep into USC territory. The Heels couldn’t score though. The Gamecocks stuffed them on fourth and goal, making the stop on the one yard line.
- USC took over on downs and ran out the clock.
FINAL SCORE: USC: 27, UNC: 10