Michigan coach Brady Hoke met with the media here in Tampa this morning before his team took to the practice field. The Wolverines shifted their workout indoors to Tropicana Field today because of some rainy weather moving through the area. Below we have the highlights of Hoke’s comments along with audio of the news conference. Later this afternoon USC coach Steve Spurrier will meet with the media.
Highlights from Hoke:
- Hoke said they have had a very good week of practice and the team is enjoying its time in Tampa.
- Hoke was coy about how he would use Denard Robinson. He said he is able to throw now, but would not elaborate on what role he will have in the game Tuesday. Hoke only ruled out one thing for Robinson: “He doesn’t punt very well,” He said.
- Hoke said he has not prepared differently for USC, despite the fact the Gamecocks plan to use two quarterbacks. Hoke said he thinks both Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson are good quarterbacks, but he did keep calling Thompson “Dylan Thomas” during his comments.
- Hoke was complimentary of the Gamecocks defensive front. He said they will have their hands full with USC’s D-line.
- Hoke on blocking Jadevon Clowney: “Well I think anyone can be blocked one on one. How long you can block him is what the key is.”