Steve Spurrier spoke with the media Sunday afternoon to review last Thursday’s win at Vanderbilt. The Gamecocks will play host to East Carolina Saturday afternoon. Some of Spurrier’s most interesting comments included:
- Shaw is in a wait and see mode. Won’t practice until Wednesday.
- Shaw has deep bruise on the shoulder, not in the joint. Painful for him. Having trouble lifting his right arm right now.
- Thompson still first in line to replace Shaw.
- Doesn’t have all the answers about the passing game. Called about 30 passes, threw only 13. Did have some bad plays called.
- If Shaw is not healthy, he won’t play. Spurrier expects to struggle against ECU.
- Brandon Shell dealing with ankle sprain, in a boot Saturday, probably out a couple of days.
- Lattimore is fine a couple of days after the game.
- Hull will continue to be first punter.
- He called all the plays against Vanderbilt.
AUDIO: Steve Spurrier teleconference