Dabo Swinney hauls off and whacks one. Big hitter, Dabo-long. Even longer than Steve Spurrier. So he has that going for him, which is nice.
Swinney and Spurrier participated in a long drive competition Monday. The event is part of the Chic-fil-A-Bowl Challenge. The tournament tees off tomorrow at Reynolds Plantation outside Atlanta.
Swinney averaged 260.2 yards on his drives. The Head Ball Coach averaged 233 yards per drive. We should note Swinney is 42 years old and Spurrier is 67. But who cares? This is a rivalry and EVERY piece of bragging rights counts! Am I right?
Here is an exchange that didn’t happen in the clubhouse today, but we wish did:
Swinney: Hey, Steve, did you hear about the new school they are building?
Spurrier: No, where are the building it?
Swinney: Somwehere between your drive and mine! Boom! Tweet that!
The full results from the Long Drive Competition (Coach Division):
- Al Golden, Miami 303 yards
- Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss 276.3 yards
- Urban Meyer, Ohio State 271.6 yards
- Dabo Swinney, Clemson 260.2 yards
- Randy Edsall, Maryland 255.8 yards
- Derek Dooley, Tennessee 250.8 yards
- Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech 235.1 yards
- Steve Spurrier, South Carolina 233 yards
- Dan Mullen, Mississippi State 227.3 yards