USC football coach Steve Spurrier held his regular weekly news conference Tuesday at Williams-Brice Stadium, and his theme, if there was one, was taken from the country music superstar band Rascal Flats. “I’m movin on” is a hit song for the group and Spurrier said, after hearing that song on the radio on his ride in to work, that’s how he and his players are approaching things this week…moving on from the loss to Kentucky and looking forward to Vanderbilt this weekend in Nashville.
Key pre-game notes:
- USC is 15-4 all time against Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt has won two of the last three meetings
- Stephen Garcia is the 6th QB in USC history to pass 5000 passing yards
- Marcus Lattimore has 12 TDs, 4 shy of the single season school record
- Vanderbilt is 2-4 overall, 1-2 in the SEC with a win at Ole Miss
- Vandy head coach Robby Caldwell is a Furman grad and Pageland native
- Three Vandy assistants and four players are from the Palmetto State
- USC is outscoring opponents in the 1st half this season 128-48
- USC is being outscored 77-58 in the second half this season
Kickoff Saturday night will be 7:00 and the game will be televised on FSN.