Clemson coach Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference Tuesday as his Tigers prepare for a home game with Maryland Saturday. Swinney went a whopping 51 minutes during the presser. That is his season high and unofficially one of his top five longest pressers since he took over.
To make things a little more listener friendly we have broken the presser into three parts for you.
Here are a few fun facts about this weekend’s matchup with the Terrapins:
- Clemson leads the all-time series 30-26-6. The Tigers are 16-13 against the Terps at home. Maryland has had the better of the series of late, winning six of the past nine games. The Terps have won the last two games in the series and the past two games at Death Valley.
- Clemson and Maryland have played every year since 1952. It is the longest active continuous rivalry for the Tigers against an ACC school.
- Clemson leads the ACC with 13 conference championships, Maryland is second with nine.
- Maryland is 4-1this season with wins over Navy, Morgan State , Florida International and Duke. Their lone loss was against West Virginia.
- Clemson will retire C.J. Spiller’s number 28 jersey at halftime of Saturday’s game. Spiller established 33 records during his four years at Clemson. His current team, the Buffalo Bills are on a bye this week so he is able to attend the game.
Saturday’s game will kick off at Noon and be televised by Raycom. The Tigers are a 14 point favorite.