A hump day edition of SportsTalk took Phil to Clinton as our Palmetto Pigskin Tour goes to Presbyterian. The Braves got win in extras out in Houston. Football practice continued at Clemson and USC and recruiting made another pit stop by the show.
- QB Brandon Miley and CB Justin Bethel sat down with the Korn first tonight.
PC Players with The Korn
- Next up, Harold Nichols recited the school fight song for Phil and talked about the current losing streak the Blue Hose have and the tough schedule they face this upcoming season.
PC Head Coach Harold Nichols
- As PC plays in their first official season in the Big South Conference, raising money to compete with the other schools in the league becomes even more important. Brian Reece sat down with Korn to talk about it.
PC Athletic Director Brian Reece
- The Braves blew a lead in the ninth but got a grand slam from Brian McCann off the bench in the tenth to win 8-2 this afternoon. Mike Morgan joined us for a couple of minutes before his cell phone gave out in tonight’s Braves Report.
Mike Morgan of The Braves Network
- The Tigers have their second two-a-day practice this week. After this morning’s session, Dabo Swinney talked about his team and the progression of the offensive line and of the quarterbacks.
Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney
- Ellis Johnson spoke after today’s practice in lieu of Spurrier. He says his guys are working really hard.
USC Assistant Head Coach in charge of the Defense Ellis Johnson
- We move back to the SEC today as Florida is up.
Patrick Daniel takes a look at Florida
- You knew we would have something on recruiting as one of Clemson’s targets committed to Alabama today.
Wednesday night’s Recruiting Report
- Marcos Ambrose finished third at Watkins Glen this past weekend and, today, his crew chief Frank Kerr joined us “In the Pits”.
No. 47 car Crew Chief Frank Kerr